Kevin Spacey has opened up on a terrifying ordeal that saw him rushed to hospital overseas after experiencing the symptoms of a heart attack.
The Academy Award winning actor, 64, was in Uzbekistan for the Tashkent International Film Festival when he recalled the incident, revealing how his arm went numb for close to ten seconds earlier that same day.
According to TMZ, Spacey told how he was taking a tour of the Afrasiyab Museum in the city of Samarkand, Uzbekistan on Monday, when he began to feel out of sorts.
The veteran actor claimed he feared he was having a heart attack and so raced to hospital to be examined by medical professionals.
Fortunately, doctors deemed that The Usual Suspects star was fine. Reports state that he could leave hospital the very same day and was able to perform his duties that evening at the aforementioned film festival.
“I experienced something here today that was unexpected,” Spacey told those gathered at the Tashkent International Film Festival.
Of his trip to the museum on Monday, he recalled: “I was looking at these extraordinary murals on the walls and I suddenly felt my entire left arm go numb for about eight seconds, and I shook it off, but I immediately told the people I was with what had just happened, and on their advice, we went immediately to the… medical center.”
Spacey said he had spent most of Monday afternoon undergoing tests, including an MRI.
“Everything turned out to be completely normal, and I am of course grateful it’s not anything more serious,” he explained.
The film festival was one of the first public events for Spacey since his sexual assault trial that took place in London in July.
The trial saw four men allege that the Hollywood star had assaulted them in separate incidents between 2001 and 2013 – allegations Spacey categorically denied. The men claimed that Spacey had groped them against their will, while one alleged that the Se7en actor had performed oral sex on him while he was unconscious.
During the trial, the House of Cards star tearfully acknowledged the personal and professional impact of the allegations – and how he felt as if people had rushed to judge him without knowing the full story.
“My world exploded,” per Page Six. “There was a rush to judgment and before the first question was asked or answered, I lost my job, I lost my reputation, I lost everything in a matter of days.”
Spacey was ultimately found not guilty of all charges.
We’re happy to hear Kevin Spacey’s frightful ordeal was nothing more serious. Here’s to wishing him health and happiness moving forward. If you like reading about celebrities, check out the latest on Celine Dion, who continues to battle a terrible illness…
Share this article to help us further our aim of keeping readers the world over entertained and informed.